Guru Nanak Hospital , Mumbai provides critical care services round the clock with a team of highly qualified, skilled and experienced consultants and nurses. The plan of care for the patient is prepared in consensus with the admitting specialist, the patient and the family. Periodic multi-disciplinary briefings of the patient’s family regarding the condition of the patient are done.
The Critical Care Team practices evidence based medicine and follows international protocols. Infection control protocols to prevent healthcare associated infections (HCAI) like ventilator associated pneumonia (VAP), catheter related blood stream infection (CRBSI) and catheter associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI) are followed rigorously.
The ICU provides retrieval services to patients from other hospitals that do not have similar facilities. It involves transporting critically ill patients from other healthcare facilities in a well-equipped ambulance with a team including an ICU consultant and nurse.
Treatments and Procedures
- Continuous monitoring for critically ill or injured patients.
- Life support measures for patients with multi organ failure.
- Post-operative care to transplant patients, critically ill, surgical patients.
- Non-invasive and invasive ventilation.
- Dialysis, percutaneous tracheotomies, chest drain insertions and fibre optic bronchoscopies.
- Multidisciplinary meetings for complicated patients.
- Retrieval services.