The Department of Guru Nanak Hospital, Mumbai provides diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation for adults and children with rheumatic and related disorders. Chronic diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, pseudogout and fibromyalgia are some of the diseases commonly treated.
The consultants also use different modes of therapy like pain medications, anti-inflammatory medications, chemotherapeutic agents and intra-articular steroids.
The focus is on alleviating pain, improving quality of life and prolonging the life expectancy of patients with chronic rheumatic diseases. The department is supported by physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
Treatments and Procedures :
- Treatment and management of rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and spondyloarthropathies
- Treatment for psoriatic arthritis, vasculitis, systemic lupus erythematosus and scleroderma
- Management of gout and pseudogout
- Treatment of polymyositis and polymyalgia rheumatic
- Treatment for fibromyalgia