The Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Guru Nanak Hospital , Mumbai offers correction or restoration of form and function of a part of the body, where the defect may be the result of a congenital abnormality, an accident, a disease or an aging process. The department routinely performs many types of reconstructive surgeries such as hand surgery, microsurgery. The consultants also perform cosmetic and aesthetic surgeries like, rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, liposuction, facial implants and jaw correction surgeries.
The plastic surgery team at Guru Nanak Hospital, Mumbai is a valuable part of trauma team at the hospital and help the other surgeons in performing corrective surgeries for patients who have sustained significant disfiguring injuries. They also perform micro-vascular surgeries which include limb and digital re-implantations and repair of nerve injuries.
The department is well supported by physiotherapists and occupational therapists who provide post-surgical care that improves the functional outcome of the patient.
Treatments and Procedures :
- Re-constructive surgeries
- Surgery for Maxillo –Facial injuries
- Treatment of congenital abnormalities
- Hand reconstruction surgeries
- Surgeries for carpal tunnel release and dupuytren’s contracture
- Removal of tumours of face and mouth
- Cosmetic surgeries like nose surgery