Guru Nanak Hospital, Mumbai has a dedicated Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, with a team which practices evidence based medicine and uses internationally accepted protocols.
Obstetricians are available round the clock and handle high risk pregnancies with the support of extremely well trained, experienced nurses and intensive care unit with all the required equipment and support staff. A paediatrician s present for all deliveries to handle any new born emergency.
Treatments and Procedures :
- Contraceptive services
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy services
- Reproductive endocrinology (hormonal defects) and infertility
- Pain management for labour and delivery
- Reno vascular hypertension
Infertility services - On OPD basis
- Care of the pregnant woman: comprehensive pre-natal care, exclusive labour suites, 24 hr surgical capability and anaesthesia support, complete maternal and fetal monitoring, immediate access to Neonatal ICU, etc.
- High risk pregnancy including diabetes in pregnancy, pre-eclampsia and hypertensive disorder, previous or recurrent pregnancy loss, preterm labor and delivery, pregnancy with cardiac and any medical disorder
- Multi-disciplinary care for co management of high risk pregnancies with endocrinologist, physician, anaesthetist, ultra sonologist, etc.
- Management of dysfunctional uterine bleeding and other menstrual disorders
- Management of polycystic ovarian disease, fibroids and endometriosis
- Minimally invasive hysterectomy (removal of uterus)
- Laparoscopic assisted tubal anastomosis, reversal of tubectomy, ligation/sterilization and diagnosis and treatment of ectopic pregnancy
- Screening for cervical cancers and surgery for cancers of the female reproductive system
- Evaluation and management of endocrine disorders (eg: prolactin, thyroid )