Making smart food and nutrition choices is a necessary part of our daily life. The Department of Nutrition and Dietetics at Guru Nanak Hospital, Mumbai
- Promotes individualized medical nutrition therapy in a multidisciplinary approach as a means to optimize patient care.
- Prevents or minimizes the presence of malnutrition that often accompanies acute or chronic diseases.
- Provides effective nutrition education to patients and family members in a variety of patient care settings.
- Provides ongoing education in all aspects of nutrition.
The Department of Nutrition and Dietetics offers nutritional services and counselling for inpatients and outpatients. The department has highly trained nutritionists with experience in management of diverse patient groups viz.
- Neonates and paediatrics.
- Critically ill patients requiring specialized nutrition support.
- Patients dealing with terminal illnesses and lifestyle diseases (diabetes, hypertension, metabolic syndromes, cardiac problems).
- Patients recuperating post-surgery and infections.
- Patients requiring medical nutrition therapy for GI diseases, kidney disorders, endocrine disorders, lung diseases, hepato-biliary disorders.
- Individuals requiring nutrition care during special life-phases such as pregnancy, lactation, old age, disabilities altering nutritional intake.
- Patients with specific conditions viz. allergies, lactose intolerance and malabsorption syndromes.
- Weight management.
Our Nutritionists work in close coordination with the doctors, clinical and nursing teams to ensure that patients receive appropriate nutritional support at all times. Patient-focused quality care is the center of everything for the department of Nutrition and Dietetics.